Thursday, February 15, 2007

Portal Game

Lately in English class we've all touch grounds on where exactly all of us were in the book. Page 64. Being this far in the book, our substitute teacher thought we were pretty well informed about most of the characters we've been introduced to thus far in teh book. So he decided that we do a little game. And that game was called the "Portal". The object of the game was to take on a character in the book and become him/her. We would become him or her when we walked through the door of class into the new world. We were to write, using the voice of that character, about everything we saw outside the classroom doors. Our job was to capture and immitate that character's voice to the best of out ability. So here is my attempt to become Leah Price, the Price family's Congolese maid.

I don't remember how I came to arrive here in the future year of our lord 2007. Nothing that I had seen in my life in Georgia could have prepared me for this new America. It seems that I have arrived at some sort of school, probably a highschool. The way people dress these days are so vast and different. All the boys wear different assortments of collared shirts, nothing like I've seen. The colors here in the future are brighter more noticable and full. And the girls, well Rachel would be amazed at how the girls dressed here. If father thought painting nails were signs of prostitution, then I was standing in the lowest parts of hell itself. The girls here wore tight shirts and painted nails, peircings every where. Father would give these girls the whole bible for the verse. I really did not like this place. If this is what the future looks like I hope I don't live to see America fall this deep into sin. I pray for my children if ever I have any.

No comments: