Blog Archive
Thursday, February 22, 2007
Essential Question pt. 3
The new iphone seems like everything a 21st century teenager could want. It's all your basic nesecities in rolled into one phone. It it the epitamy of the article we read in the beggining of the second semester english. The article that was essentially a users manual to some hardcore technological device much like the iphone. Again my essential question is what do we as human beings, or as Americans value more? Progress or peace. I do not need a phone that takes pictures, plays movies and music, can be used as a remote control, is a computer as well as countless other unimaginable roles. But in a way this iphone is just one step closer to the next big advancement in humanity. One day we won't need any of those things. We'll just keep advancing and advancing untill all we have now is obselete to that of future inventions. American companies such as Apple, could use there money to help starving people in Africa, but they don't. Why? No one knows. Could they take a year off from advaning to help give to people in need all around the world, yeah it's possible, but it doesn't happen. Of course if I could make iphones that I probably would not take a day of when there is money to be made, and personally, when stepping back and looking at that fact, I feel pretty bad. It's horrible that this is how I feel but I think this is just human nature. I pray for the "human nature" of future generations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment