Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My Essential Question

In my essential question I asked how my life makes an impact on the world and how do I make a difference in how the world is. There are many things that we do in life that affect the world in different ways. I have littered in one way or another. I know my life will not directly impact some poor person in Africa. But there are small things that people can do that can help your community and help the world all together. I'm not all sure if I myself have been doing these small things that will benefit the world.
I go to school where education is $15,000. I don't know how you can put a price on education and knowledge. Knowledge is life, that's how teachers give back to the world. They influence the minds of the young, they prepare us for the world, they arm us for the war that rages outside school campus. Knowledge helps me, maybe some day my knowledge can help someone else. I've received a lot of help from some really generous people and organizations that aid me in paying for my education. I cannot stress how unequipped my family is when it comes to paying $3000 per class. I really appreciate that help that I get from these people, maybe their generosity will be shown through me. Like paying it forward. Some day I will be moved to be generous, or maybe just be moved to be more generous in my life.
With everyday that passes I always wonder what my life will add up to when education is done and I have a job. I wonder what job that will be, I hope that it will be one that affects the world in a good way, whatever small way that it does. I still have no idea how my life affects the world and changes the world in anyway. I am a small person in this huge world, I would like a bigger part in it.

No comments: