Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Second Response to Essential Question
At first this seems really creepy. Probably because it is. But think how many people actually do this. It's an option now with the new cool phones that have come out. It's pretty awesome I think. But this makes you ask yourself exactly what kind of world do we live in? It's hard to know if we've gone too far in advancements. An essential question of mine is what do we, as humans and together as mankind, value more? Progression and advancements? Or ending world peace and poverty? I don't think these these two can go together hand in hand. If we were to totally do away with all of the poverty all over the world, everyone would be one single class of normal people. No one richer or poorer than the other. We would all be at the same economic status. Wether this is good or not, I still have not decided. I'm leaning more to this being bad.
If we were to crush all fueds between countries and establish, finally, world peace. Of course that would be great! But you have to ask for how long will this peace really last? History has shown that during times of war and times of stuggle human advancements and inventions have flourished the most. In asian studies the Zhou dynasty fought amoungst eachother for some long brutal 600 years. But during those years the most advancements in iron tools and weapon making occured. With out world war II I don't think we would have had nuclear power until recently. I think the biggest motivation for advancements are those that you do in order to protect yourself and kill others. The local Pidgeon language was semi formed during world war II. There are so many things that we would not have if our country did't go to war, or even if there were no wars to begin with.
My question therefore is, "Which do I value more, peace or progression?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment