Friday, March 2, 2007

Essential Question

I have a new Essential Question,
"How do we help the world? Are we focused on the right problem? Is giving money the solution?"

There is more wrong with the world than poverty. There are things worse than poor people. Things worse than starvation. Things that have been prominent from the dawning of time. As old as Can and Able. Hate. War. Power. Greed. Why can't we give help? Why can't we as Americans share democracy with other countries? Why can't we share our freedoms with other countries of the world? Most don't want it. We'd just be forcing our way of life on other people. Just like Nathan Price. Plus who says we even want to give. Govenments don't want countries to have the same freedoms as we do. Why? Its makes for cheaper goods. More gold, diamonds, cheaper oil. Life is easier for us, we are richer. We could give money to those people in Africa, we could give money to people all over the world. But it seems to be a pattern that money flows to those with power. Those with power only want more power. Power in the form of weapons means death to those who don't have power. Thats most of the people in the world. I am against giving money away blindly. I, unlike singer, would much rather take myself to the problem and help myself. That takes alot more heart. That fills the heart. You have a human interaction. Give money to a corporation, thats all it is, you give money to the corporation. You give money to the kids you see on T.V., who are mostlikely dead when the money gets to them. If indeed the money even gets there. Helping the people in Rwanda, remember that? Or did everyone forget? How many died? Men, women, children. Hate is worse than poverty. We can give all the money in the world, but that didn't erase the age old rivalry and hating of two African tribes, won't help wars.

Here's a youtube video I found. I can't post it because it is very graphic and explicit. But thus is the world. Thus is America.
I don't recomend you watch this if you have a weak stomach. Or if vulgar language offends you.


http://youtube.com/watch?v=0P26mFohLzc


Imagine children younger than you who have to go through life this way everyday. Imagine a 12 year old African kid taken from his family, given an AK-47 and direction to kill anyone that he does not recognize. Imagine the psycological affect that would have on him. Imagine a whole tribe of these kids 20 years after the fact. Where is he now if he's not dead? Hate, and all the things that stem from hate will always be present in the world. Prejudice, Greed, Jealousy. Since the days of Jesus, and before. How do get rid of it. Take a good look at this video. How long ago do you think these tapes were. Obviously not that long ago, the video's in color. I'm guessing in the past 20 years. Imagine the atrocities that are occuring now. Wait until someone posts that on youtube, you can watch it in High Def. Open your eyes to the vast problems in the World and ask yourself. Is charity the answer? Or are we just running around in circles? I agree with Landon's post. The Deliver Me post, I the world doesn't need charity and sympathy, they need help.

No comments: